23 Aug Everything you need to know
Every other week, The Hyde sends out an email with Museum news. If you’re interested in receiving these bi-weekly updates on events, exciting changes, and more, click here to register!
Welcome, Laura Bradigan
With great excitement, The Hyde Collection team welcomes Laura Bradigan, the recently named director of development. Laura, a Saratoga Springs resident, will advance the mission of the Museum through development, donor relations, and fundraising.
To learn more, click here.
The Hyde Collection Gala
6 pm Saturday, September 21
Please keep an eye on your mailbox! Members and friends of The Hyde Collection should this week receive an invitation to the Museum’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
Celebrate the Hydes’ incredible gift to the community September 21 while indulging in an evening of elegance inspired by founder Charlotte Hyde’s garden soirees.
Featuring cocktail hour, music by Seagle Music Colony and Bronte Roman and the Wayne Hawkins Trio, fine cuisine by The Lily and the Rose, live auction and raise-the-paddle events with acclaimed auctioneer Chris Ward, and Daquetta Jones as emcee.
Longtime Museum supporters Charles and Candace Wait will be honored with The Hyde’s Legacy Award for their commitment to enriching the Museum and our community. Tenée and Jim Casaccio are the honorary event co-chairs.
This year’s gala is sponsored by Adirondack Trust Company, Advokate, LLC, BST & Co. CPAs, LLP, CDPHP, 8TwentyFour Productions, Fort Orange Press, Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Skidmore College, and the Hoopes family.
DID YOU KNOW?
It’s difficult to believe, but it’s already almost September! Mark your calendar for the following upcoming exciting events at The Hyde:
- Art Crawl: 10:30 to 11 am Friday, September 6 — Babies and their caregivers are invited to play and learn about shapes in the Museum. Each program includes an activity designed especially for little ones with an art material exploration and play. Free, but donations are appreciated.
- Marking Memories: 2 to 3 pm Friday, September 6 — In-home caregivers and individuals with dementia, early stages of Alzheimer’s, and other cognitive challenges can participate in a free Museum visit program. A Museum educator will lead a conversation about an individual work of art and lead an art-making activity that encourages social interaction and communication. Free. RSVP by contacting Keri Dudek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-792-1761, ext. 317.
- Art and Yoga: 9 am Saturday, September 7 — In partnership with Summit Yoga, join a certified instructor for a relaxing workout inspired by the artworks of From the Rooftops: John Sloan and the Art of a New Urban Space. $10 for members; $12 for non-members. RSVP by calling 518-792-1761, ext. 310, or clicking here.
- Second Sunday with Art Lab: 1 to 4 pm Sunday, September 8 — The Hyde offers free admission all day. From 1 to 4 pm, our educators host Art Lab, a free gallery and art-making activity that explores the “A” in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). For families with children ages 6 and older, but anyone can participate; even adults without children will have a blast. Free.
- The Black Fly — Back to School: 3 to 5 pm Sunday, September 8 — A live storytelling event with guest speakers from the community sharing their personal experiences inspired by the theme “Back to School.” The event is curated and produced by Art in the Public Eye and The Hyde Collection. Free, but donations appreciated.
- Artful Afternoons: 2:30 to 4:30 pm Wednesday, September 11 — An afternoon drop-in art program for guardians and children ages 6 to 12. Begin by examining a work from the Museum’s permanent collection or exhibitions, then visit the Art Studio to put your discoveries into action. A different topic is explored each week. Free.
- Tours for Tots: 10:30 to 11:30 am Thursday, September 12 — Children ages 3 to 5 learn about a work in the Museum with age-appropriate activities, then spend time in the Art Studio making their own creations. Free.